Table of Contents
HOW MANY PULL UPS SHOULD I DO? – NO MORE CONFUSION REGARDING THIS, HERE IS THE CLARIFICATION
When any of you think of fitness and the gym, a common picture appears to your mind and that is one day you would have your nice shaped body with super attractive chest and muscles. Then you start your workout and feel confused and then utter yourself how many pull ups should I do. Or can I do pull ups every day to get the perfect body shape. Well, having the strong chest and muscle, and ultimately the perfect body shape is not so much easy to gain.
We all know the pull up is one of the toughest upper body strength exercises. It is such type of exercise that you can do nearly anywhere but the thing you need is a sturdy bar to hold onto. The decision of how many pull ups you should do per session is pretty simple. The ultimate fact of taking your decision whether you can do pull ups every day or not depends basically on your fitness goal.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PULL UPS
Before we go on, we can have a look at some interesting facts about pull ups mentioned below.
- If you are a 17-year-old male and able to do 8 consecutive pull ups in the proper way, you belong to the 50th percentile in terms of National Physical Award criteria.
- If you can go up to a total of 13 pull ups, in the same way, you probably get a grand rank in the 75th
- In the event that you are a 17-year-old female and able to do a single pull up in the proper way, you belong to the 75th percentile relative to the other surroundings girls.
- The name of the world record holder of doing maximum pull up is Jan Kares who was able to do 232 pull-ups in 36 minutes in 2010.
- There are lots of individuals who can do 25 or more bodyweight pull-up without even breaking a sweat.
So, the summary is how many pull ups one should do depends on one’s personal desire and fitness goal. It is normal that the number of pull ups varies person to person. If you want to be stronger, you should follow a specific way or if you want to develop more endurance, you should follow another way.
HOW MANY PULL-UPS SHOULD I DO?- HERE IS THE ANSWER
According to the August 2002 study in the “European Journal of Applied Physiology,” on the one hand, people who usually take four sets of three to five reps gain comparatively more strength. On the other hand, people who perform two sets of 20 to 28 reps gain more endurance. So, the inner thing of this study is that the lower the amounts of pull up you do with a lot of weight the stronger you can make yourself. Whereas the higher the numbers of pull ups you do with less weight the more endurance you can develop.
Again, in the Potential Royal Marine Course (PMRC), you would require doing three full pull up to continue the course, whereas 16 gives the highest point score. According to Lerwill, a person with a good shape should be able to do about six pull ups in the perfect form at a slow and controlled rhythm, with an aim of getting to 12 reps. Once you are able to reach that point you should make them tougher by holding a dumbbell between your ankles or you can wear a belt with weight plates attached. You are good to consider the following things when you start doing your pull ups.
- If you want to develop a stronger upper body, you should prefer low amounts of pull up and high weight. When you find it feels so easy to do pull up, you can wear a backpack with weights.
- An article by Sean Nalewanyi on “Iron” magazine suggests five to seven as the ideal rep range to gain strength and muscle.
- In terms of increasing your endurance, you should do as many pull up as you can do.
At the beginning of your work out, you may find it difficult. At that time you can do half pull up and make it full of many pull ups when your body is ready to gain enough endurance gradually.
CAN I DO PULL UPS EVERY DAY- HERE IS THE ANSWER
To keep the body fit, you all think of having work out every day. Though it’s good for other work out but in terms of pull ups, you do not need to do it on the everyday basis. It is enough to have two or three weight training sessions a week for most of the people. However, if you wish to have the work out most days of the week, you can divide your routine into upper body and lower body days so that you can avoid working for the same muscle groups too much.
Pull up is a great way to build your upper body strength quickly. It also gets you excellent body posture and shape. But it can affect you adversely if you do the mistakes for a quite long time. You should not insist your body have an excessive number of pull up which is beyond the ability of your body. The perfect way is adjusting your body with the numbers and style of pull up gradually. Thus, you can have a better result in return to shape up and strengthen your body.
Hopefully, you got your answer to the question of how many pull-ups I should do? and can I do pull ups every day?. You all know it’s all about following the perfect way in any work out task to have the perfect shape. Otherwise, it can bring you the negative output. Following the above mentioned procedures, we expect you would have your excellent pull up experience.