Pull ups for beginners- Guide how to start as a newbie
We all here know the pull up is an upper body exercise that requires a bar. It is a very effective exercise to sculpt the body and to enhance certain muscles. But to get the best of it, we need to learn how to do pull ups perfectly. This write-up focuses on the main facts about pull ups for beginners.
Not only pull-up sculpts the body, but it also has a lot of health benefits. Regular pull-ups will increase your grip strength and get rid of your annoying back-pain, increase core strength, and increase arm muscle strengths etc. First of all, we want to welcome you into this amazing world. Well, now it’s your job to read the whole article to know more about the pull ups for as a beginner and how to build a pull up bar.
A guide for beginners
As the word says, it is an exercise where you hold on to a bar with your hands and pull up your body weight. It is definitely not an exercise to perform. But we also know that hard work brings success so if you want to have a well-sculpted body, we would suggest you have a strong resolution regarding this. As you will be lifting up your entire body weight, doesn’t that sound a little dangerous task for beginners? Yes, it does. That is why we are here to offer you a proper guide so that you do not face any injury while performing the exercise. Here are 5 simple steps for a perfect pull-up for beginners.:
- Choose a stable bar that’s stealthy enough to carry your body weight. Check that it is high enough.
- Leap up and grip the bar with your palms facing forward. Place your hands keeping the position of shoulder-width apart. Hang on to the bar arms fully extended. If the bar is not high enough, you should bend your knee.
- Keep your shoulders back and your core engaged throughout. Then slowly hold yourself up with your arm strength. Focus on enlisting every upper body muscle to aid your endeavors.
- Move slowly upward until your chin is above the bar. Then equally and slowly go downward until you can fully extend your arms again
- Keep your target for 10 pull ups but don’t be worried if you fall-short as your muscles are not used to the stress.
Don’t be disheartened if you cannot perform 10 pull-ups at once or a few pull-ups really wear you out. Remember you are only starting which means you have a very big room to grow. Start by getting used to your own weight by hanging onto a bar for as long as possible. Mix up your grips as varying between wide, narrow and hammer grip to recruit more muscle fibers for greater strength.
Gyms have pull-assistance lifts which help you when you are a beginner. But some of you might not have the luxury to visit the gym on a regular basis so there are a lot of pull-up bars that you can set up and use them at your home. Below is our suggestion on how to build a pull up bar.
How to build a pull up bar and types of pull up
Before we know step by step instructions to make a pull up bar we should know about the types of pull up bar.
Removable pull up bars are inexpensive and lightweight. Installing those is very simple. However, these bars are not very efficient and don’t support much weight.
Permanent pull up bars require drilling and fixed mounting via sockets. These are comparatively tougher to install. But they can support a lot more weight.
Here is the details on how to build a pull up bar
You are free to build any of these pull up bars such as ceiling- or wall mounted pull up bar or over-the-door pull up bar. Here are some easy steps described for you on how to build a pull up bar. You can build it in your home without that much effort.
- First of all, decide where you want to install the pull-up bar, is it the wall or your ceiling support beam. You can choose among the Ceiling-mounted or Wall-mounted or Doorway-mounted pull up. The seller will provide you the required hardware and brackets for each type of pull up bar installation.
- Then mark the center of the beam and if you want to set up on the wall, measure and mark the appropriate height with a pencil. Now get an 18 inch galvanized steel pipe and thread it into one end of the galvanized 90-degree elbow. Do the same on the other side.
- Now use a 48 inch galvanized steel pipe with one set of 18 inch pipe set up above and tighten it into the opposite end of the 90-degree elbow. Do the same also on the other side. You should make the piping in square shaped.
- At this time, thread the flanges into the reverse (open) tops of the 18-inch pipes and tighten all of the connections using the pipe wrench.
- Now mount the pull-up bar to what you prefer your ceiling or wall along the central support beam or in the center of the studs and tighten that with the socket wrench.
- Finally, test the setting by lifting your body softly. If everything is good then you are good to go.
To build the pull up bar following the above instructions is the easiest way. So you can try this out without thinking much.
Pull up is a challenging exercise for as a beginner and we tried our best to provide a guideline on pull ups for a newbie. We have also provided our suggestion on how to build a pull up bar for those who want to get started on their journey towards a healthy lifestyle or wants to achieve a well-sculpted body. So, it’s time to start your pull up journey.